Breaded Chicken Parm
Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 1 pack chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- all-purpose flour
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- panko breadcrumbs
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh parmesan cheese
- Flatten the chicken with meat hammer. Salt and pepper.
Make breading station:
- 4 eggs along with a sprinkle of all-purpose flour
- all-purpose flour with 1/2 tsp per cup of flour each of freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried basil whisked together
- spread panko bread crumbs on a rimmed baking sheet with a sprinkle of pre-grated parmesan cheese
- Dip chicken in flour, egg, panko in that order.
- Set the breadcrumbs coated chicken aside until ready to fry.
- Heat a quart of oil to 350°F, drop in the chicken and fry for roughly 5 or so minutes or deeply golden brown. Drain on paper towels once finished.
- Top chicken with fresh basil, slices of fresh mozzarella, and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Place in the broiler for just a minute until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.
- Top with pasta sauce unless you like soggy chicken, then put the sauce under the cheese.