Brown Rice Bread
Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 12 g active dry yeast
- 37 grams honey
- 600 g water
- 28 g psyllium husk powder
- 130 g brown rice flour
- 130 g cup4cup all purpose flour
- 130 g tapioca starch
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ~1 cup cup4cup all purpose flour set aside
- Whisk together yeast, honey, and water @ 110 degrees. Let sit until bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Add and mix in psyllum husk powder. Allow to thicken, so you can still run a finger through. About 5-7 minutes.
- Sift flours and salt together.
- Add wet stuff and vinegar. Add any optional ingredients like walnuts here.
- Knead into dough, with extra flour/water if needed.
- Use extra cup4cup flour to knead dough because it will likely be watery.
- Place in bread pan, covered by towel until slightly risen, about 45 min.
- Bake for 1 hour at 425 degrees.
- Remove from pan and bake for additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool before cutting.