Caesar Salad - No egg/fish
Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, cut and washed
- Olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 0.5 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Cut a head of romaine into bite-sized pieces, rinse and dry.
- For the croutons, cut bread into crouton sized pieces and place into bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss. Spread onto pan and bake in oven forr 15-20 minutes at 350-400 degrees.
- For the dressing, grind one fresh clove of garlic and freshly ground pepper together in bowl. Add an ounce of freshly grated parmesan cheese and mash some more.
- Squeeze 0.5 lemon into the bowl, add 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp of dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons mayo. Whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly drizzle in ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil while whisking together.
- Combine dressing, lettuce, an croutons in bowl and toss. Top with more parmesan.