Cherry Pepper Chicken
Borrowed by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, seasoned with salt/pepper
- 3-4 hot sausages
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 0.5 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5-6 cherry peppers plus a few tablespoons of juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1.5 tablespoons thyme and sage
- 1 cup white rice
- Cook 1 cup white rice.
- Brown seasoned chicken thighs in pan on both sides.
- Cook bell peppers and onion in chicken juice.
- Brown sausage in pan with peppers. Once browned, remove and slice up sausage.
- Once bell peppers are cooked, add garlic and sage/thyme. Cook for 15-30 seconds so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add in cherry peppers and juice.
- Add in wine, chicken stock, and sugar.
- Add back in sausage and chicken, making sure chicken skin is out of the liquid.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve over rice.