Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 10 g ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- equal parts sake, mirin, soy sauce (0.25 - 1 cup)
- cornstarch slurry (0.5 - 2 tablespoons cornstart to double water based on total volume)
- sesame seeds
Chicken and Veg
- 1 pack skin on boneless chicken
- 2 heads broccoli
- white rice
- Salt/pepper chicken thighs and set aside.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic.
- Saute in oil.
- Add sauce liquids and reduce by a third.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Save for later (this will last 2 months in fridge).
- Heat up oil in pan, and brown skin side of chicken. Flip when ready.
- Cook broccoli in chicken fat.
- Pour some teriyaki sauce on chicken.
- Serve with rice.