Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 11.5 ounces all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.75 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- optional walnuts and flaky sea salt
- Brown butter in a pan on the stove. Once brown, refrigerate in a bowl until solid.
- Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar in a bowl on med-high speed with hand mixer until combined. Scrape down sides.
- Add 2 eggs one by one and mix to combine. Scrape down sides.
- Separate bowl - whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix to combine.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour but ideally over-night.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll dough into evenly sized balls. Fold and break in the middle if you don't want a flat top.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-22 minutes.