Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 70-100g egg whites (3-4 large eggs)
- 70-100g granulated sugar
- 100g almond flour
- 100g confectioners sugar
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 150g chocolate
- Sift almond flour and confectioners sugar 3 times into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with hand mixer until they start to get frothy. Continually add the granulated sugar and mix until you start to get firm peaks.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg sugar mixture.
- Stir gently without deflating the eggs.
- Put mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 300 degrees. Turn halfway through.
- Wait until cookies are completely cool to remove from baking sheet.
- Bring heavy cream to a slight boil on stove top. Remove from heat and add choclate. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate to piping bag and pipe onto cookies.
- Assemble cookies and decorate as desired.
- Put in fridge to cool more rapidly. Store at room temperature for a few days, but more than that you can store in fride in a sealed container.