Farmhouse Vegetable Soup
Borrowed by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- splash of olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 52 oz of vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 4 sticks celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 cups frozen Peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop all vegetables to about 1/2 inch cubes.
- Melt butter in pot with oil.
- Cook potatoes, onions, and leek until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up stock in separate pot.
- Add the rest of the vegetables.
- Add stock to pot and simmer for 20 minutes until everything is soft.
- Blend with hand blender.
- Check salt/pepper levels and add if needed.
- Stir in frozen peas and cream.
- Top with parsley.