Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- No-boil lasagna noodles
Red sauce layer
- Red sauce (see short rib sauce)
- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 cup shredded mozz or parm cheese (optional)
- Prep the noodles by soaking them in warm water while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Simmer red sauce on stove.
- Mix ricota, greek yogurt, and splash of milk to desired consistency.
- Melt Butter in pot and add flour. Whisk until flour smells cooked.
- Slowly add milk (2 tablespoons at a time) and whisk until homogeneous.
- Cook on medium heat until thick.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Allow residual heat to melt the cheese.
Assembly and Baking
- In a baking dish - red sauce, noodles, red sauce, ricotta, bechamel, repeat.
- Top noodle should only be covered in bechamel.
- Bake at 375 for 45 - 60 minutes.