Sausage Spinach Tortellini
Adapted by Kendall McCauley with ❤️.
- 1 pound hot italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen tortellini
- 4 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 0.5 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded (optional)
- Brown sausage in garlic oil.
- Add in pasta sauce, tomatoes, and half and half. Bring to boil then back to simmer.
- Cook the tortellini in a separate pot.
- When done add the tortellini into the sauce pan.
- Add pasta water and reduce until desired thickness.
- Add in spinach and cook until wilted.
- Top with cheese.