Short Rib Pasta Sauce
Adapted by Mike McCauley with ❤️.
- 1-2 lbs short ribs
- 1 pack hot sausage
- olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 28-ounce cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- Let short ribs come to room temp and season with salt/pepper.
- Brown short ribs in a pot on all sides. Remove from pot.
- Brown sausage meat in pan as well. Remove and set aside with ribs.
- Saute onions and garlic in short rib/suasage juices.
- Add tomato paste and thyme and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Add wine and reduce until thick.
- Add peeled tomatoes and crush in the pot.
- Add short ribs/sausage back into pot.
- Cover, bring back to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 3+ hours.
- About an hour before eating, remove bones, shred meat and return to pot.
- Remove lid and simmer until desired thickness.
- Top with parsley and parmesan.